What do we mean by Emotional Stability?
This section is not finished. expland what do we mean by emotional stability
- Emotional Stability is a word we are using to describe something that has been called by a number of other different names,e.g. serenity, equanimity, composure, emotional sobriety, peace, detachment, presence of mind,Cool Mind etc.
- It also denotes an ability to self soothe, to be able to recognize undesirable emotions(e.g. fear, anger, depression) and to shift into more desirable ones, (e.g. love, gratitude, acceptance, compassion and altruism ).
- Sometimes when things happen that we don't like , we can go into a state of fight, freeze or fear and act inappropriately. If we can shift into a state of Emotional Stability , then we can remain more peaceful and calm , review the situation calmly and take more appropriate actions.
- Emotional Stability, also includes the concept of Emotional Resilience, the ability to recover quickly from emotional upsets.
- McArthur(2017) discusses situations in which he achieved Emotional Stability by using a particular breathing technique
McArthur, David (2017) Your Spiritual Heart: Access the wisdom that manifests your heart's desire the right job, flow of wealth, loving relationships even enlightenment